The MAX31855 peripheral module provides the necessary hardware to interface the MAX31855 cold-junction compensated thermocouple-to-digital converter to any system that utilizes a 6-Pin Pmod-Compatible Connector (SPI).
This converter resolves temperatures to 0.25° C, allows readings as high as +1800°C and as low as -270°C, and exhibits thermocouple accuracy of +/-2°C for temperatures ranging from -200°C to +700°C for K-type thermocouples.
The data is output in a signed 14-bit, SPI-compatible, read-only format.
- Converts Output of a K-Type Thermocouple directly to a Signed 14-Bit Digital Word
- Cold-Junction Compensation
- 14-Bit, 0.25°C Resolution
- Detects Thermocouple Shorts to GND or VCC
- Detects Open Thermocouple
- 6-Pin Pmod-Compatible Connector (SPI)